Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MYOTO: Make Your Own Take Out

curry

So, who doesn't like Thai food? Well, I was craving curry one day... and happened to have the ingredients... but didn't have a recipe. I decided to follow the recipe on the back of the curry paste bottle, and... IT WAS AMAZING! Of course, I gave it a little twist of my own... but anyway, I hope you enjoy.

A few ingredients you might need to pick up at the store before you make this, unless you are already a curry aficionado:

Green Curry
Coconut milk, green curry paste, & fish sauce

Thai Green Curry
1-14 oz. can coconut milk
1 tbsp. green curry paste
1 skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar (I want to try it with the Splenda brown sugar, to make it a bit healthier)
1/2 c. frozen peas
1/3 c. chicken broth
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 white onion, sliced

Simmer coconut milk and green curry paste in a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for 10 more minutes. Garnish with fresh basil (or not-fresh parsley, like me), and serve hot. I ate mine with brown rice... and to make the brown rice a little tastier, I followed the cooking directions but browned the rice first in about a tablespoon of olive oil. I learned that from my amigos in Mexico.

This recipe makes 2 very large portions, so I would double it if you are feeding more than just yourself. Or if it's finals week and you want a delicious meal to last you all week...

No comments:

Post a Comment