Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hummus



I don't know about you, but I love me some delicious hummus. However, I feel it's kind of hit-and-miss with store-bought hummus - so I decided it was about time to make my own. It was actually super easy... especially if you have a nice food processor (which I decided I need to invest in).

Ingredients:
2 cans garbanzo beans, drained
1/4 cup tahini (aka sesame seed paste... you might have to go to a specialty store for this one)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
1 pinch paprika

Stick everything but the olive oil, parsley, and paprika in a food processor or blender (as long as it's a really good blender... my little magic bullet didn't quite do the trick). Mix until smooth. Scoop into a bowl, then drizzle olive oil and sprinkle the paprika & parsley over the top. You won't be disappointed. I like hummus with pita bread, pita chips, or veggies--but do what you like with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment