Monday, October 29, 2012

Roasted Garlic & Lemon Broccoli


So, I've never been a big vegetable eater. I know I'm supposed to eat them, so I do, but I have a hard time enjoying them. I've really never been a broccoli fan. Until now. I found this recipe at The Amateur Gourmet, and it is AAA-MAZ-ING. I've also seen it called "The Best Broccoli of Your Life." I guess you'll just have to find out for yourself.

Roasted Garlic & Lemon Broccoli
1 lb. broccoli crowns
5-6 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 lemon
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Start by washing the broccoli, then chopping off the broccoli heads and arranging them on a cookie sheet covered in foil. Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the diced garlic over the top of the broccoli. Add salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops of the broccoli start to turn brown. Take out of the oven, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Zest the lemon over the top of the broccoli, then squeeze the lemon juice over the top as well. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. My sister in law LOVES broccoli. I will have to make this for her!

    ReplyDelete