Monday, October 22, 2012

Apples & Peanut Butter

Apples & Peanut Butter

Okay, I don't know about you... but I am a snacking fiend. I think it's because I love eating... all the time. I've had my share of potato chips, candy, baked goods, etc. - but we all know what that kind of snacking leads to. In my quest for a variety of delicious, healthy snacks, I've decided to start a new series called "Zero Guilt Snacks." Along with my regular recipes, I'll post about healthy snack ideas every Monday.

The first is one of my favorite snacks of all time: apples and peanut butter. To make this snack especially healthy, I use natural peanut butter. I prefer Smart Balance (either creamy or chunky - both are delicious).  When I'm feeling especially crazy, I'll even add a tiny bit of stevia to sweeten the peanut butter a little bit. Or a few chocolate chips, to get that "chocolate-covered apple" taste. Just make sure you don't go too crazy on the peanut butter... I usually have to measure it out to make sure I don't eat too much (it's just so yummy).


No comments:

Post a Comment