Monday, October 15, 2012

Easy Peasy Peach Cobbler

Peach Cobbler

Growing up, whenever my mom would ask us what we wanted for dessert, the answer was always, always, peach cobbler. We didn't waste time on no apple crisp or brownies. I was pretty sure my mom put crack in it, until I started making it myself. There's no crack... but this stuff is pretty dang good. And it's easy. Oh yeah, and did I mention delicious?


I made it this time with fresh peaches, and it was delicious! I swear,
though, the canned peaches are just as delicious. Probably all that
sugary syrup. Or nostalgia...


You should probably buy a ridiculously huge vat
of baking powder, because you're going to want to
be making this recipe a LOT.



Easy Peasy Peach Cobbler
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large cans peaches (or 6-8 fresh peaches)

Mix sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Add melted butter to mixture. Drain fruit and pour in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. If you use fresh peaches, sweeten them with sugar before adding to the pan. Pour batter over the top of peaches (it's okay if they're not all covered).
Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment