Friday, February 28, 2014

Wild Mushroom Bisque


One of my absolute favorite places to eat is Zupa's - especially when I'm in the mood for soup. They have a wonderful selection of soups, but I always tend to order the same thing - their Wild Mushroom Bisque. Sadly, I have moved outside of the radius of any Zupa's locations… so I had to come up with my own replacement. I used Season with Spice's Homemade Mushroom Soup recipe as a base, and I have to say, it turned out quite splendidly. It is definitely helping with my Zupa's separation anxiety.


Wild Mushroom Bisque

Ingredients:
-1 lb mushrooms (I used Cremini) - I diced half of the mushrooms, then cut the rest in half (I like my soup chunky)
-1 tbsp olive oil
-3-4 cloves fresh garlic, diced
-1 tbsp butter
-1/2 tsp thyme
-2 bay leaves
-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
-3 cups chicken stock
-3 tbsp flour dissolved in 4 tbsp water
-1/2 pint whipping cream
-dash of nutmeg
-salt & pepper to taste
-green onions or fresh parsley to garnish

1. Heat olive oil in pan - add butter & garlic and sauté over medium heat (be careful not to burn).
2. Add mushrooms, bay leaves, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce to pan. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock & let boil - then turn down heat to simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk in diluted flour, and add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste. Add cream, bring back to a simmer, then remove from heat.
5. Serve warm & garnish with green onions or fresh parsley. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment